Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mondo Birthday Weekend, Pt 2

First, some NCAA basketball updates. My picks for the whole draw? Not so good, though my predicted champ, Louisville, is still doing fine. If they win it all I'll do pretty well in one pool and will win some money from Rotary in that we draw teams at random, and I got them. In fact, I'll win my money back and then some if they win today and make the final 4.

Yesterday's excursion to Little Tokyo was fun. We found a sushi bar with bbq sushi for the NZS. Andy has bbq ribs (Korean style), the wife had a cucumber roll (she HATES fish) and I ordered up two crab rolls (I figured the NZS2 would like it, too). Apparently the sushi place the NZS2 is pretty dumpy and has pre-made sushi, so this was quite the upgrade.

Before we left, the NZS2 opened some prezzies. We got him a gift certificate for See's candy (he's got a sweet tooth like no other person I know) and a few rounds of golf. He got a care package from home with (more) candy/chocolates, a jacket and some cards/letters. His parents sent the HB a nice pullover and wrote the wife and I a nice note. His dad's in Rotary back home and they host exchange students as well (they have a girl from Portugal with them now). They are very nice people and it was great that they got something for the HB.

After guitar lessons (the HB still has no clue that he's getting an electric guitar on Monday) and his play rehearsal, the HB went to the nephew's for a sleepover. The NZS headed out with the girls he's most sweet on. We'll see her, and some other friends, tonight as he successfully moved the bar-b-que. The wife and I went to see Duplicity. It was OK, good escapist fare. Then we grabbed a drink (OK, two) and some spring rolls before calling it a night.

This afternoon is the double bday party at my s-i-l's. Pizza, cake, presents, etc. Woot!

BTW, I've gotta start hitting the ellipitical more. My work schedule has serious gotten in the way of my exercise and I'm feeling in.

No comments: