Friday, February 23, 2007

Snowbound, Pt. I

My wife and I are both born and raised in Southern California. In 1993, we moved to Newton, MA for 6 years (just west of Boston). This has given both of us an appreciation of the joys of *visiting* snow. So, with that in mind, I took the HB up to the mountains last weekend with his Indian Guides tribe.

Most of the boys in the tribe are good kids (tho' the few could stand a bit more parenting) and I like most of the dad's (enjoy drinking a few beers, playing cards, talking about music, etc.), so I knew it was going to be a good time. The only wild card was the amount of snow. Or, more precisely, lack thereof as things have been pretty dry in these parts this winter. Last year we had one good day of snow for sledding (note to self--the 40+ year old coccyx is not built for this type of activity).

When we got there on Saturday afternoon, there was a little snow on the ground...about enough to make some snowballs. Sunday...nothing. But, it snowed Sunday night (about 4-5 inches) and was still snowing a little in the morning. This really turned the weekend around and we all had a great time. But, it was nice to get home, hop in the Jacuzzi, take a shower and get a good night's sleep...so I could pack and head to Nashville.

No comments: