Monday, February 26, 2007

Snowbound, Pt. 2

My wife was in TX on business, so it gave me and the HB all day Saturday together. Since we missed out on some of the snow last weekend, we headed to the mountains for some sledding. I was a little unsure whether there was actually going to be much snow, but it’s only 90 miles, so it was a pretty small investment. When we got to 4000 feet and there wasn’t any on the ground I was getting a bit nervous. But, there was a road that ran north of a local ski area which is in the shadow of the mountain at about 6500 feet that was just the ticket. We stayed for a few hours and had a great time (and I was glad to soak in the hot tub when we got back).

Of the many things I like about living in LA is that we’re able to visit snow in the winter. Living in it completely sucks. I always make it a point to go to the beach after going to the mountains, just because I can. It’s a bit decadent, but it’s good to keep in the memory bank when I’m stuck in traffic.

No comments: