Saturday, February 10, 2007

What This Is All About

Greetings and welcome. I've read blogs for a while and have made some good friends through them. Due to some gentle encouragement I've decided to jump in. I'm a big believer in truth in advertising, so here are some key things about me and this blog:

I was born and raised in Southern California. I've lived in some other places and traveled to many others, but believe that Los Angeles is an imperfect, yet wonderful and beautiful city. No, I don't work in the entertainment industry or for a chamber of commerce.

I'm going to have lots of opinions about things. I have a distinct point of view (I'm a card carrying, dues paying Libertarian). Comments are welcome. Name calling and personal attacks are not.

I don't think of myself as a cynic, but I do cast a critical eye on things (hm...may have something to do with my Ph.D. in industrial and organizational psychology) and am generally suspicious of authority.

You're not going to find a lot of sex here--this ain't a sex blog. However, I am married and my wife and I still do have sex, so I would imagine those things will pop up. Just don't expect a lot of bitching about my wife.

I grew up in a loving family that has some quirks. You're not going to read about my horrible childhood or the abuse me and my (only) brother suffered. Now, my wife's family, that's a completely different story....

I'm a big sports fan, so you'll read some stuff about that as well. I mostly root for the teams I grew up with (Angels, Lakers, RAIDERS, USC football, UCLA basketball), but did adopt The University of Tennessee along the way.

I'm an atheist. However, I judge people based on what they do, not what they believe.

I own a small consulting firm (see suspicious of authority) and really enjoy working for myself.

My pseudonym came from a great friend who I truly love. I'm sure at some point I'll tell the story behind it.

While I wouldn't say that I have a lot of hobbies, there are plenty of things I like doing besides work, such as hiking, biking and home brewing (yes, I make my own beer and it's usually awesome).

I love music. I played bass in a blues band to keep beer in my fridge during college. While I listen to a variety of things the music a) must have a lot of passion behind it and b) have exceptional musicians. Singers, with very few exceptions, do much for me.

At this point, I have no idea how often I'll post. Probably not often until I get the formatting the way I want it and some link ups.

Hope ya stick around.

1 comment:

lola h. said...

welcome to the big, bad, scary world of blogging! ;)