Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

First, I hope that you are spending V-Day with someone you love and/or lust. Given that the hassles of going out for dinner on V-Day are only exceeded by those on New Year's eve, my wife and I have traditionally done the romantic dinner at home. We're not big on giving gifts to each other. This hearkens back to the days when we didn't have much money, so we'd save up for that big dinner, a trip, etc. So, I don't have to go around town looking for the biggest this or the flashiest that.

I was making a plan for us: After she put our son (the Happy Boy, to be known as the HB) to bed, I'd run out to our fave Italian place and get us a nice antipasto. We could then bust open a good bottle of wine and enjoy a quiet romantic dinner. She politely declined in that she's back on Weight Watchers and thought the dinner would put her over the point limit for the day. Maybe it's me, but I would think that a woman going on a diet right before V-Day would kinda be like a guy deciding to quit drinking beer Super Bowl weekend. If she wants leftover enchiladas tonight, then so be it. It's not worth getting worked up over. We're still going to have a great evening.

For those of you who need a sexier lead in, check out the Wet Wednesday, courtesy of Lola.

So, enjoy St. Valentine's Day and night.

1 comment:

lola h. said...

i think that for many, the person you love and the person you lust are mutually exclusive.

sad, but it is the case for myself and many i know. ah, well. hope you enjoyed your evening.