Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sir Cranky-a-Lot

The HB's been a bit surly of late. This has earned him a major sunburn (not remembering sunscreen before a bday beach party) and a cold shoulder from the nephew (being argumentative). I'm sure he'll snap out of it after a few more consequences for his behavior.

We took the boys to see Spamalot this afternoon. They loved it on B'way two years ago, and seemed to enjoy it just as much today. We were trying to keep it a secret from the HB, but the wife spilled the beans yesterday because he was upset about something. So, he and I spent a good chunk of dinner last night reciting lines from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. All good fun.

The wife and I enjoyed the play as well. I thought that John O'Hurley was the weak link. But, the staging and other actors were quite good. I can't imagine seeing it for a 4th time (the wife and I saw the original cast 4 years ago), unless there's someone special (read: new) in the cast. As today we saw the touring company, I don't see that happening.

Now for something completely different: Lynn and THE ONE have broken up. I was quite shocked by this revelation. I got a, "Chat, I hope that your still in my corner, I've been a shitty friend" e-mail from her, to which I have not responded. My reaction to the news was emotionally very flat. This doesn't really change her or anything between us. I doubt that I'll hear from her for a long while.

No comments: