Friday, July 17, 2009

Exchange Student Day

The NZS2 and his compatriots arrived back from their train tour today. Lots of tears as they said goodbye to their new found friends. It was quite sweet.

By plan, the NZS2's parents have a 24 hour layover here on their way to Europe. The wife, HB and I had dinner with them last night and it was good fun. When I picked up the NZS2, I took him to their hotel so that they can hang out for a bit.

But, now I have 2 more exchange students with me. Don't worry, it's only for one night. They both had their exchanges in Hawaii (you can begin to dry your tears now). The girl is from northern Belgium and the boy is from Argentina (5 hours west of Buenos Aires). They both speak good English, so this won't be a problem. I think tonight we'll go to a baseball game so they can have their last taste of America.

Sometime this afternoon we'll move the NSZ2 to his second host family. They're close (<1 mile), so it shouldn't be a problem. I think now that he's back, but moving out, the HB's gonna be a bit sad, again. But tonight will be fun.

No comments: