Sunday, June 14, 2009

Penultimate Day with the NZS2

The NZS2 leaves us tomorrow afternoon. It's been great having him, especially for the HB. Though, as the wife and I were talking last night, we both agree that it's time for us to get our 3 person family unit back. After all, we did have only one child for a reason.

I've promised to take him to a baseball game, so today's the day. I got some reasonable good tickets and it will be a nice day for it. The wife's psyched as she's a big baseball fan. The HB? Well, he'll probably bring a book.

The NZS2 will got to school tomorrow (they're in session through Thursday) to turn in some final stuff and say goodbye to some friends. Then I'll take him to the airport where he'll meet up with some other exchange students. Exchange students are converging from all over the western US here to begin a one-month train tour around the country (yes, be jealous). Since he'll be all packed up, he'll move in with the second host family when he gets back.

The HB's sad that he's going, but we'll see him plenty before he goes back to NZ. Having the experience of living with another family will be good for him as well. I need to write that family a long letter about him, quirks an all, so they'll be prepared. As well as a letter to his mom and dad letting them know how much we've enjoyed having him.

When we get back from the game we'll watch the Lakers. I don't have a good feeling about this game. Orlando's got to be mad over how they pissed away the last game, so I think they'll play better tonight. I'm sticking with my Lakers in 6 prediction.

No comments: