Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The NZS2 is Off

The NZS2 and his mates (all 50 of them) are in SF right now (according to the leader's Tweet). Being a sucker for such things, I told the leader that we would take in a French/German/Belgian student for the night when they get back as his/her flight is leaving for home the following day. I've had a chance to meet many of them, so I'm sure it'll be fine.

Got a funny letter from his school warning the students about hazing. Is that really an HS problem? During the summer? Very odd.

Oh, this year's Wrecker family trip is to...Black Hills/Badlands! We leave next Tuesday. The more I think about it we're going to be doing a LOT of driving for the number of days we're gonna be gone (back on the Saturday). But, we'll see cool shit and get to see friends in CO.

The HB's been asking me to take him fishing more, and I think we'll go ocean fishing next time the nephew sleeps over (he wants to go as well). So, last night he asks me if I'll take him hunting. WTF? So, I asked him why he wants to hunt an animal. He's not gun-crazy and he doesn't really want to kill anything. I think he has this romantic vision of it, as opposed to the mind-numbing boringness of it all. My rule is that he has to ask three times before I'll do something like this with him, so we'll see if he brings it up again.

Now that the NZS2 is gone, I'm hoping that the wife and I will get in some more 'date nights'. Side benefit of having two NZSs? All of their female friends think the HB is adorable, so lots of new babysitters, especially this summer as our regular one travels quite a bit.

No comments: