Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day

I had a great Father's Day weekend. On Saturday the three of us saw Up. I generally like the Pixar movies and this one was also very good. Plenty of kid laughs and stuff for the grownups. It's their first one that I can remember that they don't go out of their way to use animation tricks. Also, the opening cartoon with the clouds making babies was very cool.

On Sunday we went to brunch by the beach and then caught the opening at the Annenberg Space for Photography. OK, the name's a bit pretentious, but they had some great exhibits. The HB also liked the free cookies. They had some table tops where you could manipulate the images, like CNN does with the election maps.

I got some good prezzies as well. The new Green Day CD and Guitar Hero: Metallica. I was able to twist the HB's arm to play that with me for a while. He's starting to get into music more, but mostly top 40 hip-hop for now. I don't know at what age I was when I started negotiating radio stations with my parents, but I would imagine it was pretty close to his.

We went to my parents' for dinner (brisket...drool). It gave us a chance to work on details for their 50th anniversary party. Also, with the wife's mom passing, I reminded them that I don't have their do not resusitate instructions or other shit like that. They said that their going to update stuff with their lawyer soon and will send me copies. Also found out where some of their key records are on the computer and that the safe with their papers is unlocked. WTF?

I hope that you and yours had a great Dad's Day.

No comments: