Sunday, May 24, 2009

Long Weekend

I hope that you are enjoying your Memorial Day weekend. Our is going to seem endless in that the HB has Thursday and Friday off for parent/teacher conferences.

We've got the family thing going today. My mom's back in Philly, so we (me, the wife, the HB, NZS2 and nephew) are gonna all meet up with my dad for some lunch and then to the Night at the Museum sequel. I didn't think that the first was that great, but it will be fun for the boys. After that, I'll probably stay and watch the Dodger/Angel game on TiVo with my dad while the wife hangs at her mom's.

It'll also be nice just to hang out today as yesterday the NZS2 and I went hiking (same trail where I fucked myself up last year) and walked all around the Getty museum. On the hike, we had the ultimate LA experience. Our destination is this small waterfall. We get there and near the pool is this Eastern European guy with a bleach blonde page boy 'do leading a bunch of people in breathing exercises. I really wanted to take a picture, but it would have been rude. We just laughed about it.

Oh, and the stars aligned last night: the HB slept at the nephew's and the NZS2 was at a friend's. Let's just say that the wife had some stress she wanted me to work out of her. Heh. She was in the mood for the rough stuff, which is kind of unusual for her.

Tomorrow will probably be a work and gardening day (the HB will be at the nephew's).

No comments: