Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope all of you, especially Lola and Jen's mom, had a great Mother's Day. We started our day by letting the wife sleep in (one of the NZS2's friends called at 1:30am). The NZS2 had his prom last night, so was WAY to sleepy to come out with us. The rest of us went to pick up my parents and take them to one of my mom's fave restaurants--a burger joint at the end of a pier. The views were great, even though it was a bit overcast, and we had a good time. My dad confirmed that he was going to have some minor surgery at the beginning of June. Between that and my m-i-l's health (more about that in a bit), I think the Alaska cruise is off of the table.

My mom and the HB baked after we got back to my parents while my dad and I watched the Lakers' humiliating performance. More about that in another post. Then we went to my m-i-l's.

When we walked in she was sleeping and looked like death. Her skin had the pallor of the overcast sky. Apparently, this was one of her better days. I think she understood about half of what people were saying and did show a sense of humor. The wife was busy jotting down notes for her regular home health care worker who returns tomorrow (she's had the last few days as part of her regular schedule) while bantering.

It must be odd for my m-i-l to have her death bed in the living room. Don't get me wrong, it's a comfortable place in that it's by a window that gets plenty of light and breeze. But, it's kind of public considering that she has to be changed, etc.

A bit later I'll make one of my wife's fave meals (ravioli in marsala sauce, garlic bread, and salad). Hopefully, she'll be able to relax some and read the paper.

No comments: