Monday, July 7, 2008

Weekend Wrap

I hope that you had a good 4th of July weekend. Pardon today's grammar as I'm a bit hungover.

On Friday, the HB and I were in our local parade...twice (one with Indian Guides, once with Rotary)--yes, it's not that long of a parade. However, the number of people who show up always blows me away. After that we went to my s-i-l's for lunch and (eventually) fireworks (she lives in a city where you can legally buy fireworks). My other s-i-l recently got a cat, so my wife decided to have a kitty shower for her (don't ask). The HB enjoyed the fireworks and we saw some pretty good finales on the way home.

Saturday was hell as we went furniture shopping with my s-i-l. My wife decided that we needed more seating in our living room. This gave me the perfect opportunity to let her know that Labor Day weekend is going to involve a lot of football (my fantasy football draft on Sunday and the Tennessee-UCLA game on Monday night). The place we went to has great mission stuff, but, that's not how our house is decorated. And, as Murhpy's furniture law would have it, the pieces we liked had poor fabric choices, and vice versa. But, we did find a sectional that should fit. I think we'll try that for a while before deciding if we need to buy new chairs, etc or just re-upholster what we have. And we came *this* close to getting more red stuff.

Yesterday, the HB was at a birthday party for most of the day. That gave me the chance to watch a good chunk of the Federer-Nadal Wimbledon final. Federer has gotta be kicking himself over losing the 2nd set after leading 4-2 and serving. However, it was about the most amazing one-on-one sporting event I've ever seen.

We had some friends over for dinner last night (see hangover comment above). Two of them have teenage boys, so the HB was able to get in some good GH time with with them. Many bottle of wine were drained. As one couple was our neighbors, we always say "well, let's just have one more bottle...no one has to drive." It was a fun group of people (13 of of) and dinner was good (grilled chicken in an apricot and adobe glaze, grilled veggies, salad and garlic bread).

I'm sooooo not motivated to work today.

Oh, and funny picture goof in today's LA Times (see Sam Nunn).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your weekends kick my weekends' ass!

Or something.

Give me a break. I'm stoned.