Saturday, July 19, 2008

Guitar Hero

This morning the HB had his first guitar lesson. The pretty much put the wooden stake in his piano playing for now. However, he did see how his piano playing helped his understanding of scales and chords, so who knows. He was pretty funny. He asked me if playing Guitar Hero would actually help his guitar playing. I told him probably not, except it helps with his sense of rhythm.

Last night we saw Hellboy II. It had some great creativity in the creatures and the fight scenes (particularly those involving Prince Nuada). Some of the buddy parts with Hellboy and Abe were a bit ham-fisted. Overall, a good popcorn flick.

Later today we're heading over to some friends (she works with my wife). They left LA and moved to Rhode Island for a bit, then came to their senses and moved back. I'm thinking it'll be Mexican food and cerveza, which is OK by me.

Tomorrow I'm off to the Angels/Red Sox game. It has a weird start time (3pm), but it means I'll get to start drinking early since I'm going with a guy who's a regular at a bar where we drink...and two of the bartenders. Could be a preview of the playoffs since the Angels have the best record in the AL and Boston is bouncing between the AL east lead and the wild card. Traditionally, the Angels don't play well against the Red Sox (don't get me started about them in the playoffs), but they took 2 of 3 in Fenway in April and gave them a good thrashing last night. Perhaps the tide has turned?

No comments: