Monday, November 5, 2007

One of Many Anniversaries

The wife and I waited a loooooong time to get married. I know that we would have eventually, but our move to the Boston area, 5 years after we had already been living together, gave us a good reason to. Because of that, we've always celebrated our first date anniversary, which is today (#24). It's particularly easy to remember because the first date was to my best friend's (and best man at our wedding) 21st birthday party.

I was working at the college radio station at that time and that weekend there was a conference in San Diego. However, Metallalica and Megadeth were playing a club in the San Fernando Valley (about 140 miles away). So, on Thursday I drove to SD, Friday afternoon I drove from SD to the Valley then back again. Saturday around lunch I drove back from SD to my place in Orange County to try and grab some zzzzzzzs. The (future) wife popped by my place that evening while I was crashed, gave me a fellatio wake-up call, and the rest, as they say, is history.

We'll celebrate later tonight with some take-out from our fave Italian place and a REALLY nice bottle of wine (2002 red) we got at a charity auction after the HB's in bed. I'm looking forward to it and another 24 years.

1 comment:

lola h. said...

awwwwwwwwww.

AWWWWWWWWWW!!!

happy anniversary!