Saturday, November 24, 2007

Heart Leaping Out of My Throat

I normally watch football games on my HD-DVR to save time. But, I knew my phone would be ringing during the Tennessee-Kentucky game, so I watched it live. For 5 hours (ok, one DVR diversion when I took the HB to his play rehearsal)! Regardless, the the huge changes in momentum and the 4 overtimes made it an unbelievable game. The win puts UT into the SEC championship game against LSU.

I just can't explain the Tennessee season. I went to the game up at Cal where they got their asses handed to them (as they did against Florida and Alabama) and they didn't look that good, especially on pass defense. Why it took Kentucky thirty minutes of football to figure that out is beyond me. But, they crushed Georgia (a game the Dawg fans must look back on in disbelief), dug themselves out of a big hole last week against Vandy and let Kentucky out of one today. Watching their games is not for the faint of heart. I'm not convinced they are a good team (or that Fulmer should continue to coach them), but they don't quit.

Now college football comes down to the last weekend with most of the big bowl games up for grabs (the Kansas-Mizzou game just started as I type this, though the outcome settles nothing, except which team won't play for the national championship). Count me in the group that thinks that Division I should have a playoff. If that were the case, I don't think anyone would want to touch either Georgia or USC.

No comments: