Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Up and Running

After a very stressful beginning of the week, I got my laptop back up and running. Best I can tell, there's only one program that I lost (I had it as a zip file and not on CD and hopefully I can find it on Limewire) and I saved all of my data. Still, I'm kinda pissed at myself. I'm so fucking stubborn sometimes. I could have easily had this resolved late last week if I wouldn't have been so worried about reloading programs. Yeah, it takes a little time, but about 10% of what I fucking wasted with Norton tech support. I'm such an idiot sometimes.

In m-i-l news, she got admitted to the hospital overnight, then moved to an assisted living joint (she's been there before). She'll be coming home this weekend and will be getting intro to hospice. Her MRIs show that her cancer has spread to her liver. Also, the bigger problem in her back is that the disk where she has the compression fracture is herniated. Oh, and she can't pee, like she's got an enlarged prostate or something.

The wife's birthday is Friday, but she's in no mood to celebrate (including canceling her family bday party on Saturday). We're going to go hear some music tomorrow (the HB's at a school overnight) and we'll do an immediate family birthday dinner when the HB gets back on Friday.

Hopefully things will get better soon.

No comments: