Saturday, May 3, 2008

Dante, Meet Mr. Wrecker

The Dante I'm talking about is NOT the dude from the Clerks movies. Rather, the creation of Faust. I don't know exactly where this one fits, but my wife and I started on a kitchen remodeling project.

I'm not against doing it, but I think of the other things we could do with the money. Put more money into the HB's college account, help Lola break ground on the castle, invest in Jen's med school, or spend a month in Spain. There are some things that need to be done in there, such as new counter tops and replace some facings. But, when it's time, it's time.

I don't care about the money, but doing these projects with my wife can be nerve wracking. We've been through worse. We've hung wallpaper and tiled rooms. In this type of stuff she drives me fucking crazy because she a) can't make up her mind and b) will change it 24 hours later. I've learned to tell her what I don't like (style, colors, etc.) and then let her bounce all over the place. That leads to plenty of hand wringing in the evening, but at least she's the one doing it.

I'll keep ya posted on our progress over the next couple of months (I guess it's possible that today she could completely change her mind about the whole project). It's gonna involve a lot of cocktails and it had better have some kinky jacuzzi sex to make it worth the aggravation.

3 comments:

lola h. said...

you know when you get all literary it makes me hot.

heh.

Chat Wrecker said...

You bring the wine and I'll bring the Riverside Shakespeare...hubba, hubba!

lola h. said...

i prefer bevington, but i'm reeealllly easy (apparently).